Training Courses Available for the Novice and Beginner in:
AWAKE TUMESCENT LIPOSUCTION TECHNIQUE
Please complete the form on this page if you are interested in training with Dr. Young.
TARGET AUDIENCEThis activity is designed to meet the educational needs of physicians and other healthcare professionals interested in dermatologic surgery.
LEARNING OBJECTIVESUpon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the process involved during the patient’s first and second Awake Tumescent Liposuction consultations;
- Discuss the risks associated with Laser, Ultrasound and Water Jet Liposuction & Tumescent Anesthesia;
- Demonstrate proper marking and positioning of the patient for Awake Tumescent Liposuction;
- Compare average tumescent infiltration volumes for abdomen, waist, arms, and thighs;
- Describe symptoms of lidocaine toxicity;
- Describe the functions of various lipolysis devices, power outlets, wavelengths, and areas to be treated during the liposuction procedure;
- Demonstrate basic techniques relating to grid marking, hand piece manipulation, fanning, speed and clinical endpoints;
- Demonstrate fat harvesting through appropriate suction techniques;
- Discuss patient post-operative experiences and instructions;
- Delineate the necessary equipment needed for liposuction and emergency situations;
- Demonstrate the proper technique for mixing tumescent anesthesia.